Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Kara Walker at the Whitney


Kara Walker: My Complement, My Enemy, My Oppressor, My Love is now on view at the Whitney thru 2/3/2008. Relevant links can be found below.

New York Magazine - An article profiling Kara Walker and her work.
New York Magazine - Jerry Saltz's review, "An Explosion of Color, in Black and White".
The New York Times - Holland Cotter reviews Kara Walker: My Complement, My Enemy, My Oppressor, My Love in "Black and White, but Never Simple".
The New York Times - "Silhouettes and Film", a slideshow of selected works from the exhibition.
Newsday - "Review: Kara Walker at the Whitney Museum" by Ariella Budick.
Bloomberg News - "Kara Walker's Silhouettes Tell Tales of Sex, Race, and White Power" by Linda Yablonsky.
The Washington Post - "Symbols of Hatred in the Shadows" by Robin Givhan.
The Columbia Daily Spectator - "At Any Age, Walker Still Packs a Punch" by Merrell Hambleton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home